Western 1000 Low Profile Tailgate Spreader Model 1000
The Western 1000 Low Profile Spreader Model 1000 is the mid size of the three spreader offerings in Western’s Low Profile class.
- The Low Profile Spreader Model 1000 is designed for pickup trucks with a Class III or Class IV trailer hitch
- 8 cu. ft. capacity poly hopper for long corrosion-free life
- 1/3 HP, 12V DC motor mounted inside a sealed housing in the hopper for corrosion protection
- Powder-coated steel auger and agitator
- Durable 10” poly spinner for long life performance
- Optional top screen and adjustable deflector
- Molded polyethylene cover
- Wireless control provides 3 preset speeds
Western Low Profile Tailgate Spreader Model 1000 Spreader Mount Options
Choose between three tailgate spreader mounting styles:
- “Fixed Bumper” mounting system (not shown)
- Dual Swing Mount design, which allows the empty spreader to swing out of the way for easy access to the truck’s tailgate and bed, while the tailgate is attached to the truck (not shown)
- Class IV Receiver hitch mount (shown)
Western Low Profile Tailgate Spreader Wireless Controllers EXCLUSIVE from ControlAllWirless
With Control All Wireless you get the option to have one of our one of a kind wireless controllers installed on your spreader before purchase. Our wireless system is installed on your existing tailgate salt spreader and then plugs into a postive and negative power supply which is ran from your truck’s battery. From there, you simply plug in your power and away you go. Easily move from truck to truck without needing hundreds of dollars in extra wiring and controllers.
Functionality such as 3 variable speeds comes on every remote. No more drilling into your truck cab or having bulky controllers bouncing around the truck. Comes with a 1 year warranty and we stand by them!
Western Low Profile Tailgate Spreader Receiver Hitch Mount
A Class IV receiver hitch mount is standard on Spreader Model 2500 and optional on Spreader Model 1000. A Class III receiver hitch is standard on Model 500 spreaders. No tools are required to install or remove the spreader.