ControlAllWireless has been serving the industrial and recreational industry for 20 years. Our units are used throughout the world. From container ships to Las Vegas shows and Cranes to Hobbyists.
How to choose a wireless control unit. FAQ
All units operate 12V DC voltage apparatus only.
Units may contain a combination of the following functions listed in the descriptions of each item:
- Momentary function = hold the button down to activate a function and release it to end the function.
- Latching – Depress the latching function to turn the function on press the same button a second time to turn off.
- Double-Pull = This is the grey wire on any of our units that are listed to have Double-Pull. When a function that has double pull on it is depressed 12volts will be sent to that buttons corresponding wire and also activate the grey wire. The grey wire(Double Pull wire) is commonly used where a motor needs to start at the same time a function is pressed example many dump trailers, ramps, winches…… When the button is released power will cease on both the function and double pull (grey) wire.
NOTE IF THE DOUBLE PULL FUNCTION IS NOT NEEDED SIMPLY TAPE AND TUCK THIS WIRE
Definitions of Our Units
- 1DP0L0EFA – 1 MOMENTARY FUNCTION HOLD BUTTON DOWN TO SEND 12V RELEASE TO STOP
- 2DP2L0EFA – 2 MOMENTARY WITH DOUBLE PULL FUNCTIONS
- 2DP0L1EFA – 1 MOMENTARY FUNCTION AND 1 LATCHING FUNCTION
- 2DP1LOEFA – 1 MOMENTARY FUNCTION WITH DOUBLE PULL AND ONE MOMENTARY FUNCTION WITHOUT DOUBLE PULL – COMMONLY USED ON A DUMP TRAILER THAT NEEDS POWER UP BUT IS ONLY GRAVITY DOWN
- 4DP4L0EFA – 4 MOMENTARY FUNCTIONS ALL WITH DOUBLE PULL
- 8DP8L0EFA – 8 MOMENTARY FUNCTIONS ONLY (NO DOUBLE PULL)
- 8DP0L2EFA – 6 MOMENTARY FUNCTIONS AND 2 LATCHING FUNCTIONS (NO DOUBLE PULL)
- 6000DCKITS – THESE ARE USED FOR A 12VDC SINGLE MOTOR UP TO 3/4HP OFFERING 5 PRESET SPEEDS. IT ALSO OFFERS A SINGLE ON/OFF FUNCTION FOR A VIBRATOR ,LIGHT, AND MANY OTHER SMALLER DRAW ACCESSORIES. THIS UNIT WAS DESIGNED TO WORK WITH MOST SINGLE MOTOR SALT SPREADERS BUT HAS BEEN USED IN MANY OTHER APPLICATIONS.
- 6500DCKITS – THESE ARE USED TO CONTROL 2 12VDC MOTORS UP TO 3/4HP EACH OFFERING 3 PRESET SPEEDS PER MOTOR. A ON OFF BUTTON CONTROLS BOTH MOTORS ON AND OFF. ALSO HAS A ON/OFF FUNCTION FOR A VIBRATOR LIGHT OR OTHER SMALLER DRAW ACCESSORIES. THIS UNIT WAS DESIGNED FOR DUAL MOTOR SALT SAND SPREADERS AND IS ALSO USED IN MANY OTHER APPLICATIONS.
- Gas Spreader units- Although these units were developed for gas motor driven in bed salt sand spreaders they also have many other applications. This unit features a start, stop throttle up and throttle down function. It also has 1 latching circuit. (note to use this on a motor the motor must have electric start and a built in throttle actuator.
- Are these units waterproof?
Yes all unit circuits are potted in the receiver case. That being said if moisture built up in the receiver and froze this could cause damage to the case if the ice were to expand and break the case. We suggest to drill a small drain holt in the lowest part of the case after mounting. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DRILL INTO THE POTTING WHERE THE CIRCUIT BOARD IS LOCATED!
- How about the remote?
The remotes cannot be submerged in water. If working in the elements we suggest using a zip-lock bag or something similar.
We also suggest to bring the small remotes (1-8 button)remote indoors during freezing weather. The battery may freeze and will not allow transmission until the battery warms up. The medium transmitters which can be used on all 1-8 button units are better suited for sub-zero weather.
- How do I connect these units to my application?
We provide general instructions with each unit and all manuals are available on our site to view or download at anytime. Unfortunately we cannot provide you with specific application instructions via email or phone due to liability reasons. If you do not have general electrical knowledge please seek the help from someone that does.
- How long will these units last?
We have some known units in the field for 15 years. This will depend on the application as anything can happen with electronic devices. Every unit will eventually wear out and fail. The transmitter depending on care will be the first thing that may need replacement.
- What is the warranty?
Please see our posted warranty policy.
- What is the return policy.
Please see the posted return policy.
- Do you sell any other items I may need for my application?
In general the answer is no. We do sell relays, diodes – please see our accessories and parts page.
- What else may I need for my application?
Depending on your application you may need a solenoid, relays, diodes. These items may be needed to provide a layer of protection between your application and the wireless unit. A diode can protect from any back feeding, a relay and solenoid can allow you to turn a higher powered function on and off while providing a degree of protection.
- What type of range will I get with these units?
You may get up to 500’ clear line of site range from most units. Always try to keep the receiver mounting point as open as possible or nearest to the operator. DO not mount the receiver in a metal box as it will not work.
- The do’s and don’ts of wireless.
- Do keep all connections sealed tight and clean
- Don’t – ever use a battery charger or jump starter on the battery that the wireless unit is getting power from. This also goes for dual battery systems as they are connected together.
- Do keep the receiver screws greased or use anit-sieze on them.
- Do follow the directions.
- Do test the mounting location of your unit and test functions before permanently mounting the unit.