The 6500DCKIT allows you to easily convert your dual electric motor salt spreader to a wireless controller, allowing you to easily control all of your existing functions, along with the vibrate function from the palm of your hand. The 6500DC Dual DC Motor Wireless Controller is most commonly used on salt spreaders that are equipped with two electric motors such as the Western Tornado or Western Striker spreaders. This wireless controller kit will work with any and all brands of salt spreaders, along as it has a dual electric motor setup.
NOTE DUE TO SUPPLY POWER ENDS MAY VARY
- The 6500DC Dual DC Motor Wireless Controller provides RPM control for up to 2 single, 2 poles, DC motors:
- Motor A: up to 100AMP (Larger motor for conveyor or auger motor)
- Motor B: up to 75AMP (Smaller motor for spinner motor)
The 6500DC wireless controller kit provides RPM control by providing the user 2 separate outputs for each motor (3 speeds per motor including low, medium, and full power)
- The 6500DC wireless controller incorporates an automatic shutdown to protect the motor and electronics:
- Automatic shut down if the motor is locked up. The unit will shut down for approximately 30-60 seconds before you can attempt a restart.
- Automatic shut off if the current draws do not drop below the rated amps after 5 to 7 seconds. Once again, the receiver will shut down for 30 to 60 seconds. You will need to investigate the problem to ensure you don’t continue to override the control and cause permanent damage to the receiver, motor, or wiring.
Buy this 6500DCKIT and immediately supply your company with the added benefit of wireless controllers on your salt spreaders. Move your Dual Electric DC motor Salt Spreader from truck to truck by wiring your other trucks with a simple power and ground wire. This allows you to move your spreader throughout the night as needed if a truck goes down or a simple shift change. This wireless controller and wireless receiver can take a beating and has been tested in the harshest Minnesota Winter weather. Our wireless controller kits can be used anywhere including in ice, snow, sleet, rain or severe cold. The Wireless Receiver is 100% weather potted and covered by a 1 year warranty along with dedicated customer service in case you ever need help installing, repairing, or troubleshooting any of our wireless remote control systems.
Complete conversion kit for the 6500DC wireless controller includes:
- Receiver box with an external antenna
- Junction wiring box or connections and optional switch box for added switched accessory
- Transmitter with rubber boot lanyard and label
- short battery cable from positive battery cable to in lug breaker
- 24 ft. vehicle power/ground cable.
- Relay and socket for an optional vibrator or on/off accessory such as light
- (4) Seal-tite pre-lubed wiring connectors
- (8) Anti-vibration washers for mounting receiver and junction box
- (2) Dust caps
- (8) Sheet metal screws #5 x 1